Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Lessons From The Fuzzy Bunny

I was working on random things the other day, and left the door to Bun Bun's (the fuzzy white rabbit) cage open.

I began to think as to how my relationship with the animal is analogous to my relationship with God.


Here are some random thoughts:

I don't hold it against her when she sizes up 'the project' before leaping out of the cage, when I open the door and beckon her to come.

I want her to feel free, and provided for. I want her to come to me, but because she wants to, not just because I give her food. I gladly give her food, and show her my love - but it's about the relationship between fuzzy bunny and myself :)

When I'm working, she will explore, chew on nice furniture (which requires me to re-direct her, but not hate her), and sometimes come and lay down right behind me. I love it.

It seems a tad like that relationship between a parent and child, a good teacher and student, a mentor and mentee.

I believe we are mad in God's His Image and Likeness, given charge over the animals and the earth. So, In accord with our ability and favor, we bestow that favor and ability to care upon those under our care, in the nature of our Father.

We can't take care of everything, or even most things -even as a unified team; but, we can care for those in our charge, and under the umbrella of what we are obligated and obliged to attend to.

Food for thought,

JG

No comments: