Monday, September 29, 2008

Harry Larry

So I'm catching up on some homework in the library...and this hairy fiend (it was actually one of those borderline "is this cool, or just weird?" observations) gallops in and plops next to me.

He's yip yappin' on his phone with this girl who he appears to be in love with, but shes not interested, as he continually tries to accommodate to her 'busy' schedule, then APOLOGIZES repeatedly for calling at such an inconvenient time in her life (no sarcasm detected). It hurt to listen.

He hangs up the phone and begins peckin' away at his keyboard. Literally - the 'stare at the key board and type 7 words per minute 1 finger at a time method'. I thought, "do people still do that?"

A friend of his stops by, says he's goin' to the gym, Harry should come - move the blood. Harry of course responds "naaaww...I got too much to do, this is gonna take me at least another hour".

I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to hit the ground and knock out 50 push ups, call up every girl I know, and then slap his face into the keyboard. I restrained myself, but I did move tables : )

I'm not going to try and stretch this one to a profound fitness tip, method to draw the best out of life, or a killer gaming technique for an in the field dating lesson...

BUT

Don't be like Larry. Just don't be like Harry Larry.

Strength and honor,

JG

No comments: