Monday, September 22, 2008

Your best investment

It's pretty hard to avoid the news - especially when there is money involved. Even more so when there is a lot of money evolved. More still, when its our money that appears to be in distress.

Amid the current economic "crisis" and continual plummet of the stock market, many of us are in panic, there are a few that are calm, and the rest of us are curious.

Is THIS an opportunity to capitalize on others misfortune and invest? What are the best investments...how will I be sure...should I take the time and look into it?

I was thinking about this myself - I do have a small sum that I COULD play with - but would it be worth the risk?

I'm not a saavy wall street broker, so I thought "what is the best investment that I can make?".

I continued to ponder, and in doing so, many ideas were spurred for both personal and professional pursuits. Some of them good, some outrageous, some I threw out. Then...

I GOT IT!

Something that is always worth the investment. Something that, no matter what the economic weather looks like, can produce profit. Something that will carry me into retirement, and allow me to produce and live an extraordinary life along the way...

What, you ask? The only option that can deliver such promises...

Yourself.

Invest in yourself, you'll never go wrong. Get the skills, take the classes, go on the trip, read the book, find the mentor, talk to the person, ask the question, follow the leader, and GET IT ALL.

Don't find yourself saying "I wish I woulda..." Take the time, if its investment in motivated human capital (especially yourself), its worth it.

Only by making ourselves more valuable will we be able to secure our finances, strengthen our relationships, and promise our good health.

This idea seemed so obvious that I think many of us miss it...and then end up trading time for money hoping for a raise to become financially independent.

Don't let it be you. If your waiting to be pulled up the economic ladder, it looks like its easier to climb.

Strength and honor,

JG

No comments: